Monday Night Talks | Tuesday 12 June 2012 @ 6pm
Design ideas by diagram – 10 concepts for restaurants and bars.
Taking the spirit of Christopher Alexander’s Pattern Language, Concepts [#2] asks three Melbourne architects to present 10 design principles with 10 slides in 10 minutes.
This is an opportunity to talk about design ideas and provide them in a way that others can use and share. This seminar hopes to become a platform for architects to build a collective design knowledge.
The host of Concepts will be Andrew Maynard.
- Fiona Drago - Fiona Drago Architect
- Adam Dettrick - Adam Dettrick Architect
- Linda Valentic - Breathe Architecture
- Each architect has only 10 slides
- The presenters have only one minute per slide. A bell will ring and the presenter must move onto the next slide.
- Slides must be diagrams or sketches, preferably black and white.
- A Q+A session with all three presenters will follow the slides
- All diagrams have to be provided for a possible publication (No promises, but wouldn’t it be great to have a little book of Melbourne design ideas?)
Fiona Drago is a sole practitioner who established her practice in 2010 and focuses on residential and interior projects.
Adam Dettrick Architect strives to provide quality buildings that not only suit the immediate needs of our clients, but respond to future changes in lifestyle and patterns of use. We build on the ideas and aspirations of our clients to create spaces that are not only beautiful and practical, but also have a special sense of place and meaning. Underlying all our work is our commitment to environmental and social sustainability – we focus on solutions that not only tread softly on our planet, but provide positive social outcomes as well.
Linda Valentic - bio to come
Tuesday 12 June 2012
6.00 - 8.00pm
Level 11, 60 Collins Street
Retired Member $24
Graduate Member $24
SONA Member $12
Student Non-Member $24
TERMS & CONDITIONS
(03) 8620 3866
Supporter of the Victorian Chapter's Refuel program